- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Lower Limb Specialist
- Fellowships: knee, foot and ankle surgery
- Regular clinics: Leeds and Harrogate
- Sports Injury Specialist
- Minimally Invasive surgeon
- Arthroscopic surgeon
Mark Farndon is a consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in knee, foot and ankle surgery with practices based in Leeds & Harrogate in Yorkshire.
His approach focuses on a thorough consultation and maintaining an open mind to the diagnosis. He always gives patients adequate time to explore their condition and the best treatment options available.
Patients also benefit from close working relationships with a handpicked network of health professionals including podiatrists, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
Mark also works closely with Yorkshire Radiology for fast, high quality diagnostic imaging (MRI, CT, x-ray and Ultrasound scans) and non-surgical guided treatments.
Foot and Ankle
- All aspects of foot and ankle surgery
- Joint replacements
- Minimally invasive surgery (smaller scars, faster recovery)
- Sports Injuries
- Deformity correction, including complex revision work
- Soft tissue injuries
- Trauma work
- Joint replacement
- Sports injuries
- Trauma work
Mark does not offer medicolegal services
- Clinical Lead Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon – Harrogate & District Hospital, North Yorkshire
- BMI The Duchy Hospital, Harrogate, North Yorkshire
- The Nuffield Hospital, Leeds, West Yorkshire – https://www.nuffieldhealth.com/consultants/mr-mark-a-farndon
Mark graduated from Newcastle University Medical School in 1998 with distinction, then worked as a junior doctor and anatomy teacher in Newcastle University Teaching Hospitals.
He moved to the Yorkshire region for basic surgical training in Leeds and Bradford and gained Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons.
From an early stage of training Mark pursued an interest in Orthopaedic Surgery, with attachments at each stage of training.
He gained a place on the Yorkshire Deanery Orthopaedic rotation, completing basic and higher training throughout Yorkshire hospitals culminating in Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons in Trauma & Orthopaedics.
Fellowships and the route to subspecialisation
During training a clear interest in lower limb surgery developed and shaped a combined practice in knee, foot and ankle surgery.
Mark spent 18-months focussing on these areas in specialist centres
- Knee surgery fellowship in Harrogate with Mr Nick London (knee replacement, arthroscopy and soft tissue knee injury)
- The Wirral Foot & Ankle Unit with Mr Nick Geary (complex tertiary referral work and revision surgery)
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Harrogate District Hospital since August 2010.